- Accessible parking spaces
- Curbside - where needed
- Signs showing an accessible entrance and route in building
- Accessible voting booth with chair
- Seating available for voters waiting to vote
- Sufficient space for voters in wheelchairs
- Notepads available to communicate in writing
- Magnifier for election material and the ballot
- Contact the Voter Registration Office at 804-469-4500 option 7.
- Contact the Virginia Department of Elections at (800) 552-9745 or email@example.com
- TTY Phone Access for Hearing Impaired: Contact Virginia Relay Service at 711 and ask them to call the Virginia Department of Elections at (800) 552-9745 or Dinwiddie Voter Registration Office at 804-469-4500 option 7.
- Contact the Voter Registration Office or Electoral Board at 804-469-4500, option 7
- Contact the Accessibility Coordinator at the Department of Elections:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: (800) 552-9745 or TTY 711
- The polls on Election Day are open from 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
- Anyone who is in line at 7:00 PM, will be allowed to vote.
- Please see the "Required ID List" to the left so see a list of ID's that will be accepted in order to vote.
- For more information on your polling location, click here or call the Voter Registration Office at 804-469-4500, option 7.
Absentee/Voting by Mail
- Apply to Vote by Mail
- Mark Your Ballot
- Return Your Ballot
- Military & Overseas
- Assistance With Ballot
If you plan to vote early in person in the General Registrar's office, please click the In-Person Early Voting tab for more information.
To Apply to Vote by Mail, Complete One of the Following:
- Download, complete, print, and sign one of the following - signature needs to be handwritten, not electronic:
- Call 804-469-4500 option 7 to request an application to be mailed to you.
- Pick up a preprinted paper application in the Voter Registration Office, Pamplin Building, 14016 Boydton Plank Road, Dinwiddie, VA.
- Submit paper copies:
- By Mail to Voter Registration Office, PO Box 365, Dinwiddie, VA 23841
- In Person to at the Voter Registration Office, Pamplin Building, 14016 Boydton Plank Road, Dinwiddie, VA 23841
- Email to email@example.com.
Complete all applicable portions of the application, including the last four digits of your social security number, and sign the application by hand. To change your address, or receive assistance with your ballot, please complete sections 7a - 7d where applicable.
Including an alternate form of contact such as a telephone number and/or an email address is advisable in order for the General Registrar to contact you expeditiously in the event of an error on the application or ballot.
The deadline to apply to vote by mail is 11 days before an election.
By Mail or commercial delivery service (FedEx, UPS.) Postage is prepaid if using the US Postal Service.
Your ballot envelope must be:
Please, allow plenty of time for your ballot to reach our office.
Voted ballots may be dropped off...
If you decide to vote in person, either early or on election day, bring the ballot you received in the mail with you! You will exchange that ballot for a ballot to vote immediately.
Assistance needed to complete you ballot due to a disability, blindness, or inability to read or write?
- An assistance form will be mailed to you if you selected this under section 7C of the Virginia Absentee Ballot Application Form.
- Include the fully completed assistance form in Envelope B with your ballot.
Print-disabled voter and would like to receive your ballot electronically?
- If this option is chosen under section 7C of the Virginia Absentee Ballot Application Form, a ballot will be emailed to the email address provided in section 6.
- You will need to be able to print the completed ballot.
- Proper envelopes to return your ballot will be mailed to you by the General Registrar.