How Do I
Click to Home

Go To Search
Military Discharge DD-214
For residents of the County of Dinwiddie, the Clerk's Office will record, free of charge, the original or a properly authenticated copy of either the discharge certificate or the report of separation from active duty (Department of Defense Document DD-214) or both.
Virginia Code § 17.1-265 provides strict guidelines by which access to military discharges may be granted. To ensure that statutory provisions have been met, the Clerk's Office requires a written request and photo ID before providing access to such records. 
The Clerk's Office can certify a copy of the record only if it was filed with the Office. 

Military Service Records can be obtained at the National Archives—Veterans and Their Families.

County Connect