Sitting: Tyler Southall, Anne Howerton, Kevin Massengill, Tammie Collins, Dennis Hale Standing L to R: Marie Grant, Norman Cohen, Camisha Brown, Lachanda Lipscomb-Lee, Donna Harrison
Mr. Massengill, is the chief administrative officer of the Dinwiddie County Government. As county administrator, he directs and supervises the day-to-day operations of all county departments and offices, which are under the direct control of the Board of Supervisors pursuant to county ordinances and regulations.
Mr. Massengill also provides administrative support to the Board of Supervisors and is responsible for implementing their directives. Mr. Massengill assists the board with their agendas, meetings, resolutions, and constituent services. Additionally, the county administrator serves as the Board of Supervisors’ official liaison to the constitutional officers, judiciary services, and several regional commissions, authorities, and represents the board on matters of state and federal importance.
A primary responsibility for the county administrator every year is to prepare and submit an operating and capital improvement budget to the Board of Supervisors for their consideration.
- Coordinate the functions of all other departments
- Carry out policies set by the Board of Supervisors
- Ensure that good customer service is provided by all departments
- Budget oversight and management
- Serve as conduit for public information
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Provide support and resources to the Board of Supervisors
- Provide education on record management / retention
- Special event permit applications
- Turkey shoot applications