- January 15 - Virginia State Income Estimate Due
- February 1 - Deadline for Multiple Dog Tags
All dogs, four months of age or older, must have a county dog tag. Renewed annually, tags are sold in the Treasurer's Office and go on sale January 1 of each year. The deadline for purchasing a tag is February 1. A valid rabies certificate from Animal Control must be presented at the time of purchase. You can purchase dog tags at various locations in the county. Agent locations include Chesdin Animal Hospital and Whippernock Marina.
- February 15 - Deadline for Filing a Personal Property Return
Every January, you will receive a personal property return with pre-printed information for each property on which you filed the previous year. You should review this information, making any necessary corrections, and sign and return these forms by the annual filing deadline of February 15th. You are not required to return these forms if you still own the property and the information is accurate.
- March 1 - Deadline for Renewing Business Licenses
Each business must declare their prior year’s gross receipts and pay the appropriate tax on those amounts by March 1. New businesses are required to register their business with the Commissioner of the Revenue within 30 days of commencing business operations in Dinwiddie County.
- April 1 - Board of Supervisors Sets Tax Rates
The Board of Supervisors sets all tax rates for the year.
- April 1 - Deadline for Filing Renewal Applications for Tax Relief for Elderly and Disabled
The filing deadline for renewal applications for tax relief for the elderly and disabled is April 1. First-time applicants have until December 31 to apply.
- April 15 - Deadline for Filing a Business Tangible Personal Property Return
All businesses are required to file a business tangible personal property return annually, declaring all property such as furniture, fixtures, computer equipment, machinery, tools, and heavy equipment that was located in Dinwiddie County on January 1 of each year.
- May 1 - Virginia State Income Taxes Due
Virginia State income taxes are due on May 1.
- June 5 - First Half of Personal Property Taxes and Real Estate Taxes Due
The tax period for the first half of personal property taxes and real estate taxes is from January 1 to June 30.
- June 15 – Virginia State Income Estimate Due
- September 15 – Virginia State Income Estimate Due
- December 5 - Second Half of Personal Property Taxes and Real Estate Taxes Due
The second half of personal property taxes and real estate taxes are due on December 5.
- December 5 - Second Half Real Estate Taxes Due
The second half of real estate taxes are due on December 5.
- December 31 - First-Time Filer Deadline for Tax Relief for the Elderly and Disabled