Day Care Services

Helping Working Families

Public funding provides financial assistance to low-income working families with child care needs. Families must meet income requirements, prove there is a need for the day care, and provide proof of employment.

To apply for Day Care Services, contact the Dinwiddie Department of Social Services at (804) 469-4524, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.

The commonwealth website will give you valuable information regarding the location of the provider, telephone number, length and type of licensure, past violations, complaint history, and information on how to reach the licensing specialist assigned to each provider. You may also call the Virginia Department of Social Services, Division of Licensing at (804) 662-9743 for provider information.

To file a complaint on a provider or obtain information regarding the procedure for becoming a licensed day care provider, you may call the Virginia Department of Social Services, Division of Licensing, at (804) 662-9743. If you are interested in becoming a Voluntarily Registered provider, you may contact:

  • Memorial Child Guidance Clinic
    200 N. 22nd St.
    Richmond, Virginia 23223
  • Ph: (804) 644-9590