Petition For Restoration of Driving Privilege
You must be eligible to file a Petition for Restoration or Restricted License. To determine if you are eligible to file for restoration or restricted license, please refer to your Division of Motor Vehicles Transcript.
Instructions & Procedure for Restoration of Driving Privilege
- Complete the appropriate petition and order setting forth the legal basis for Restoration or Restricted Operator’s license and pay the filing fees of $89 and $24 service fees.
- If you have been convicted of a Third Offense Driving While Intoxicated
- The Clerk will give you a hearing date. The hearing is always set on the Court’s Docket Call day at 9:30am. Docket Call is the third Tuesday of every month.
- Service will be performed on the Commonwealth's Attorney and DMV.
- DMV will forward a copy of your Driving Record to the Court and the Commonwealth's Attorney
- An order of evaluation for ASAP will be entered.
- Once the order for evaluation has been entered, a copy will be mailed to you and ASAP. It is your responsibility to contact ASAP to set up the evaluation:
John Tyler ASAP
4211 Old Hundred Rd
Chester, VA 23831
- After the evaluation, ASAP will send the court their recommendation
- On the hearing date that was given to you, an order will be entered granting or denying your petition
- Depending on the day and time it could take up to two weeks for the judge to sign the order.