How can I get my property returned in a criminal case?
If you are a victim of a crime, contact the Dinwiddie County Sheriff's Department or Virginia State Police that handled the case once the case is resolved. If the police department receives clearance from the Commonwealth's attorney to return your property, it will be returned to you. If you are a defendant, please contact your attorney so he or she can facilitate the return of your property. State law prohibits firearms or other contraband to defendants after conviction.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between the Commonwealth's Attorney and the County Attorney?
2. Can I drop charges that have already been filed?
3. Can the Commonweath's Attorney give me legal advice about private legal matters?
4. Will a Commonwealth's Attorney represent me on a traffic ticket?
5. How can I get my property returned in a criminal case?
6. How do I get a copy of a police report?
7. How do I pay a traffic ticket?
8. How can I have my criminal record expunged?
9. If I get a subpoena, do I have to go to court?
10. What is an arraignment?
11. What is a preliminary hearing?
12. How do I go about getting a Protective Order against someone who is physically abusing or threatening me?
13. What do I do if I have not received my court ordered restitution?