About the Board
The Petersburg Area Regional Tourism Corporation was founded in 2006 in order to help visitors discover one of Virginia's most historic and entertaining regions.
The 17-seat board composed of 12 members representing the six participating localities (each governing body shall appoint two persons; one shall be a member of the governing body or its CAO, and the other shall be actively affiliated with a travel and tourism business located in said political subdivision); one member from Ft. Lee.
The 13 directors so selected shall appoint four other persons representing the tourism and travel industry within the region to serve as directors.
Board Makeup / Size
- 17 members
- 12 members representing the six participating localities
- Each governing body – two persons (one member of governing body or its CAO – one actively affiliated with travel and tourism business located in the political subdivision
- One – Ft. Lee
- Representatives of governing bodies coincident with their terms of office, or shorter as determined
- All other members – three years
- Colin Romanick
- Term expires May 31, 2024
- W. Kevin Massengill
- County Administrator
- Appointed by Board of Supervisors (term of office)